Monday, October 19, 2015

A Wealth of Information

By: Nick Kosko

Twenty-one year old Aedan Hill will always be the first guy to tell you when there is a new app for smartphones that is well worth checking out.

Hill is the biggest advocate when it comes to promoting a great and helpful app.  

With a high interest in marketing and promotion, Hill said he would love to have a career that involves some kind of promotional duties, possibly public relations.

“I love apps. You can always find me in the app store on my phone looking for the next app that can be big.” Hill said. “Once I find a few of those, I decide to test them out and see how they operate and what kind of aid they can bring.”

Finding those apps isn’t usually difficult and once Hill tests and plays around with a new app, he says he’ll recommend them to his friends in order to spread the word.

Hill said most games in the app store are practically useless because they really don’t help out and are just forms of mindless entertainment.

“Apps like ‘Angry Birds’ aren’t really useful. Sure it’s a game people play when they are bored but it doesn’t help out with schoolwork or really anything for that matter,” Hill said.

For his dream job, Hill said he would love to work for companies that develop apps and share their inventions with the world.

“I like doing the little things like graphic design and photo-shop type of stuff,” Hill said. “Of course I have my own ideas that I would love to get developed.”

Of those own ideas, Hill said he wants to gear them towards college students because they could always use some help or an extra hand here or there.

He said college students are the most susceptible to new ideas because they are constantly looking for the next best app or easy solution to multiple tasks.

“I like to gear app ideas to help out college students because you can never get enough help while in college,” Hill said. “My goal is to spread my ideas and hopefully one of them clicks.”

Hill doesn’t have a developing background but his head and phone are full of idea potential app ideas to eventually be developed.

“One of my ideas is to have an app that makes textbooks mobile as in you can access them right on your phone,” Hill said. “If it can be developed, I’d have the textbooks able to be access on an online database as PDF files and you don’t have to download the whole textbook.”

Although he has many ideas, Hill said he still maintains his exploration stage and continues to figure out what he would like to do while at Rutgers University.

Hill said because he lacks a developing background, in a technological sense, the journalism and public relations area could be the right field for him.

“I’m still exploring what I want to do and although I find the journalism field interesting, I’m looking at other options for a possible career,” Hill said. “Public relations could be the move to make.”

Photo: Aedan Hill observes one of the grease trucks on campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment