Monday, October 19, 2015

Evan Conway

"I played two shows, and all of a sudden everything kind of just exploded at once," Evan Conway says about the past three weeks. "One moment I was struggling to even keep contact with my band mates about practices, and the next moment everyone wants me to help out with their band, everyone wants to get me writing for their websites... It's a bit overwhelming."

Conway spent the summer preparing his new aggressive music project, Mom Fight, for two small shows right before the fall semester started. Having been done with both shows, the reception has been very positive, but almost constant. "People were interested because of the name," Conway recalls, "But now that we actually did a decent job performing, I have friends from high school and people we spoke to at the shows wanting us to engage in record splits or doing session work. I've had blog owners asking me to write pieces once we have music out, since they apparently found out through Facebook."

Even though the constant messages is overwhelming, Conway states that he's trying to stay focused. "I have class and work I need to focus on, as well as the band's own needs like merch and promotion, but telling people a simple 'no thanks' works."

Conway isn't looking too far into the future right now, as he is taking everything step by step with the project. "We're just being loud and ignorant and trying to write songs at the same time. It's an old formula but that's why I'm taking my time writing everything."

Between commuting to school, a job he's more than comfortable with complaining about, and all of the writing for Mom Fight falling on him, Conway isn't without his share of stress. "Who isn't when they're 20, though?" He asks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment